STORM Seed Treater
Specifically designed to maximise the return of seed applied products
STORM Seed Treater
Take the guess work out of seed treatment
All great crops begin with the seed. Properly protecting that seed is the first investment in a great harvest, which is why Westfield Augers is proud to introduce a new era in seed treating.
The STORM (Seed Treatment Optimised Rate Metering) is the latest innovation in seed treatment equipment, delivering precision application in a convenient and simple to use package for the in-the-yard treating that you control.
Unlike other seed treaters, the STORM accurately measures untreated seed directly from the bin, precisely meters and applies the seed treatment, gently mixes the seed for consistent, even coverage and then transfers the treated seed into the truck, ready to be planted in the field.
It has been specifically designed to maximise the return of seed applied products and to take the guesswork out of the application process
Talk To Us
STORM Seed Treater Key Features
Easy, in-the-yard, just in time treating
Only treat the seed you want to use now, thus avoiding loss through any carry over of treated seed.
The STORM is very portable. You can move it from bin to bin with the robust mover kit or from site to site by towing.
Treating without the mess
The treating process is completely enclosed, reducing exposure, mess and operator contact. Six access ports allow for easy STORM and auger clean out.
Gentle and Flexible
The specially designed integrated mixing auger ensures consistent seed coverage and minimises seed damage. Suitable for a range of crops including wheat, barley, oats, peas and lentils using a variety of liquid products.
Accuracy and Control
Electronic controls provide a simply interface with touch screen input and pre-programmed recipes. Seed flow and treatment flow are controlled by the electronics simultaneously, ensuring that proper application rates are achieved every time.
STORM Seed Treater Specifications
- Electronic control system
- Pre-programmed for Bayer CropScience seed treatment products with the ability to store ten other treatment products such as liquid inoculants and seed nutrition
- Ability to store 20 pre-programmed jobs which control seed, treatment product information and calibrations
- The integrated mixing auger has a 10” (25.4cm) tube and is 41’ (12.49m) in length. It features a self-propelled heavy duty mover kit with hydraulic lift for improved mobility in the yard
- A variety of pump head and tubing options means that the STORM can handle a wide range of liquid treating products
- 3/8” ID hose with no drip quick connect couplings
- Two easy access spray nozzles connected to each pump for a total of 4 nozzles
- The two pump flows can be combined into one pair of nozzles for additive products or the two pump flows can be kept separate for higher rate products
- 32.5HP electric start motor with electric clutch
- Reduced flighting speed to optimise coverage with minimal impact on seed
- Capable of seed flows of:
- 1800 lbs/min (815 kgs/min) in wheat peas and lentils *
- 1440 lbs/min (653 kgs/min) in barley *
- 1200 lbs/min (544 kgs/min) in oats *
- Cleated belt with low friction technology
- +/- 3% accuracy on metering of seed (with the proper use of the seed density measuring kit) *
- Metric or imperial units
- Seed types: wheat, barley, oats, peas, lentils and mung beans
- Powder coated steel construction
- First of it’s kind mover kit with a self-locking transport function – locks without the use of pins or chains, and includes a full-lift lockout for easier maintenance and cleaning
*Seed flows are based on standard grain densities and may be different depending on actual seed density. For best results, be sure to use the seed density measure kit provided and calibrate your treatment prior to every use.
Want to learn more about the STORM Seed Treater?
For expert advice on your seed treating needs, click here to get in touch with the friendly team at Westfield Augers. We’d be happy to answer any questions you have about the STORM Seed Treater.